Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Reaching Out

We have told our family the news and some of our closest friends. It was very difficult because I was beginning to become very used to hearing the words "oh, I'm sorry" every time I told someone about our baby. I think I was sick of that line after maybe the first time I heard it. I'm not sorry. We didn't do anything wrong. No one did. The baby definitely didn't. This is just part of God's plan for us. Everything will be fine.

With that in mind, we thought it would be helpful to start reaching out to others who would understand- parents of children with Down syndrome. We are in the process of joining Down Syndrome Association of the Lowcountry (DSAL) right here in the Charleston area. I think this will help us more than anything as the months and years progress.

Our next doctor's appt is on June 17. Just a routine office visit. On an unrelated note our baby will be 16 weeks tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment