Thursday, June 17, 2010

Already a fiesty little girl

We had our scheduled office visit today and the nurse at first was unable to find Olivia's heartbeat. When the nurse left the room to get the doctor my wife and I became more than a little worried. In the first trimester the doctor had found a cystic hygroma behind Olivia's neck, and my wife and I still worry (mostly me) that it can still progress to hydrops. When the nurse could not find the baby's heartbeat, I worried that the hydrops had become a problem. The nurse came back into the room for a successful second attempt after an anxious five or ten minutes.

The doctor was then kind enough to show us the baby on the ultrasound monitor and she looked good as ever. In fact, I did not see the cystic hygroma as prominently. Could it be resolving itself? I was still not mentally composed enough at that point to think to ask the doctor. We do have another appt. for a fetal echocardiogram on the 22nd. I will ask them. As far as not being able to hear the baby's heartbeat at first, it was apparently the position the baby was in. Fiesty already- just like her mama :D

1 comment:

  1. I will post on our Blog soon. Reading this entry of yours made my heart skip a beat! We had a scare a couple of months before Olivia was born. But all was well. Olivia was feisty in the womb also and would not cooperate with ultrasounds, but she is a perfect angel outside of the womb. Guess she got it out of her system before birth.

    ReplyDelete